Monday, July 22, 2013

Enter Stage Right

(Stage Whispers)

Frankie:  "You see 'em?"
Me:  "No."
Frankie:  "You hear' em?"
Me:  "No."
Frankie:  "Where you suppose they are?"
Me:  "I donno.  Maybe they're too little and are in their garage."

We are slowly, methodically walking across the back yard peeking through the uneven slivers of cracks along the newly installed bamboo fence. 

The coop is quiet, the ramp leading up to it is firmly in place and the chicken-wire area beneath is empty, it's obvious the chickens are not in there.

There must not be a scent of chicken in the air, because Zorro has absolutely no interest in our activity.  Our interest, however, has switch from chickens to the new fence.  I was intrigued as to how my neighbor had installed it and found (as far as I could see and tell) he had not used stakes of any kind.  Wow! 

I dissolve into a fit of giggles and no longer care if I'm heard or not.

Frankie:  (Still whispering)  "Shhhhh!  Somebodies gonna' hear you."
Me:  "Sorry, can't help myself."  I grab her for support.
Frankie:  "What's the matter with you."

I drag Frankie closer to the fence and point downward.  There, I show her 12 maybe 14 gauge wire pushed through openings in their fence, wrapped around my fence and pushed back through their fence and tied off.  There are two of these top and bottom attached to my pickets all along my fence about every five feet.  I simply cannot stop giggling.

Here I was, trying to accommodate them at every turn.  Trying to stay as invisible as possible, but as supportive as well.  Yes, yesterday I was quite disappointed when I saw what kind of fence had been installed, especially in such a short period of time.  But, their fence, their property.  As far as I know they have not broken any city ordinances.

At this point, I have to say, Frankie was really p----ed off.  She was ready to explode.  How dare they...not only was this fence an abomination, they had infringed on our personal property.  "Without asking."  She further stated.

Now, I might have been a bit p---ed myself, except the absurdity of the whole thing just tickled my funny bone.  What, this fence might last one winter?  I couldn't wait to call my sister and tell her all about it.

Then again...oh dear, here come giggles.  I'm reminded of my Terrace Board fiasco...of last week.  Was my job done any better.  Lordy, no.  As I mentioned in a blog, I was the most unqualified person in the world to do that job.  However, at least I didn't intrude on my neighbor's property, and with time, my job, so close to the ground will  become obscure.

However, the fence in the back.  Wait...I'm gonna send pictures...be back in a bit.
Picture on left shows the kind of wire used to anchor their fence to mine.  This shows the top wire, there is a second one at the bottom of this picket.   This system was used all the way along my fence.  The second picture shows how they ran out of fencing, and since they could not attach it to anything, it bends just a tiny bit.  Giggle, giggle.
Okay,  I know you get the gist of this blog.  And, I really do have to get back to work, and watering, and just stuff in general.  I hope you get as big a kick out of this as I am.  Life is just a hoot.                More to come I'm sure.  Oh, should a chicken happen to saunter into my back yard...well, I've never plucked one, but how hard can that be.
                            
 

No comments:

Post a Comment