Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oh, dear...what can the matter be?

I don't have a lot of energy today, nor the desire to do anything at all.  I had a bad bout with some bad salad, that knocked me off my 'tukus'.

Of course, at the first sign of feeling squeamish, I think I'm having a heart attack. And I wait for other symptoms to materialize.  Numbness, shortness of breath, pain.  When they don't happen, I eventually come to understand something else is afoot.

Without going into detail, I'll just say that I didn't get a lot of sleep Tuesday night.  Wednesday was spent, munching saltine crackers, drinking a ton of water, and sipping on mugs full of canned chicken noodle soup.  Also, I spent a lot of time on the sofa watching television. 

I'm pleased to report I slept pretty well last night.  The house was in lock-down by nine and I was under the covers by 9:30.  I had full intentions of watching TV till the news was over, but managed to fall asleep immediately, waking briefly to turn off the television around 2:45.

I'd like to report I woke this morning full of spunk...but that is not the case.  However, I am up...and moving around...and that in itself is accomplishment enough for now.  I'm going to fix myself a cup of coffee, and we'll see where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment