Thursday, August 22, 2013

Toot, toot.

So....

there's a new game on Lumosity.

I love it.

I'm not good at it,

but I love it.

I get to giggling so badly it's no wonder Frankie came to check on me last night.  I was about ready to fall out of my chair.

The game goes like this.

You get a little map with train tracks going hither and yon.  Each track has a station, each station is a different color.  There is a train engine that matches every station.  The little engines come out of a tunnel, and I have to 'switch tracks' so that each engine gets to its matching station. 

At first the engines move kind of slowly, so I can maneuver my mouse in time to click the track.  Gradually, the engines emerge from the tunnel more quickly, and start to 'bunch up'.   Here's where I get into trouble.  For the life of me, my mouse, and click finger simply cannot keep up.  The black engine chugs into the red station, the green one heads for the yellow one.  And so on and so on. 

No matter how hard I try and how hard I concentrate I simply CANNOT get those engines where they need to be.  I get to laughing sooo hard, I can barely see my computer screen. 

I think all together there are twenty five engines for the level I am at the moment.  I'm lucky if I can get seventeen of them to pull into the correct station.  The rest simply run amok.  It cracks me up, because my brain wants to stop those little suckers and turn them around...which I can't...but still I'm click, click, clicking on the closest 'switch' as though somehow I can magically correct my error.

By the end of the session I'm exhausted.

Here's the thing.  As my session ends I get a little message that says something about 'if I make three less errors, they will advance me to the next level and add another station.  Furthermore, there are oodles, and oodles of stations that can be added.

I can't manage four.  Imagine me trying to handle six, seven or eight.

Baaaaaaa, haaaaaaaaa, haaaaaaaa, haaaaaaaa, haaaaaaaaa.

Now, that's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment