Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tubes

I've recently become interested in tubes, you know, hand cream, toothpaste tubes.  I think about half of mine come with 'flip tops', while the other half still have the tops one must 'screw off and then back on'.  And, having nothing better to do, I've been watching (studying) myself, and how I handle the the 'flip tops' as compared to the 'screw tops'.

Now, I suppose the 'flip tops' were invented in order to save a 'fella' or 'gal' a few seconds every time they open a tube, after all, those moments are so important they should not be wasted.  One could spend them much better than 'screwing and unscrewing'.  And, I'm also supposing, in the next twenty or so years every tube will have a 'flip top' so that the next generation won't even know a tube ever had to be 'screwed'.

Such is the way time moves along.

But, back to my study.  I suspect what I'm about to report might simply be an "Old Person", thing, or maybe I stand alone as a Village Idiot.  Regardless, my analysis is, whether the tube is 'flip top' or 'screwed' I will 'screw' every---single---time.  Seriously.  I will.  I was brought up with 'screw' tops and it appears I will leave this good old earth 'screwing' as well.

Here's the thing.  I've absolutely have no problem with things that 'pump' compared to things that 'flip' or 'screw', I will always, always 'pump'.  It's absolutely ridiculous to 'unscrew' a container with a 'pump'.  Yes, pumping is quicker, cleaner, and frankly a lot more fun, than 'screwing', and maybe if they can find a way to make a tube 'pump' I will give up'screwing and unscrewing' them and 'pump' my silly little head off.

However, what I want to know is, and to expand on my analysis, where do you stand on the 'flip-top', 'screw-top' issue?  Is it only us older folk who prefer to 'screw', or are a lot of your younger folk more comfortable 'screwing' as well?  Seriously, I need to know I hate to believe I'm the only Village Idiot out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment