Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pinky Marie

Quite some time ago I wrote my blog about my favorite children's book.  I must have read it at least a hundred times, because when I wrote the synopsis I got the story pretty much spot on.

Every once in a while I will check the 'stats' related to my blog to see if anybody is reading it, where they live, and if they have left any comments.  Some days my readership is higher than others, I guess it depends on what I write about.  Let's face it it runs quite a gambit.

Here's the thing.  Of all the blogs I've written, (I'm moving up to the three hundred mark) the one I wrote about Pinky Marie has gotten the most attention, and comments.  I was thinking about this again this morning because last week I saw somebody and checked out the Pinky Marie posting again.  I discovered it has been looked at 111 times since I wrote it, and it has also the most comments as well.

I am at a loss to understand this.  By today's standards this sweet little tale is probably far from being political correct, and it certainly isn't filled with blood and gore, which seems to be the trend of books today, so what makes this one of the most looked at blogs to date?  I don't suppose I will ever get an answer to this question.

However, I'm delighted to find there are several folks out there who have commented that this was also their favorite children's book as well.  As a matter of fact, not long ago I got a note stating someone had found their copy of Pinky Marie while they were straightening up an attic and how thrilled they were.  I was thrilled for them.  I wish I had my copy, which I'm sure is long, long gone.  You see, when I moved across country I had to leave my tiny library behind, and when the homestead was sold, so was my tiny library...goodbye Pinky Marie.

Still, the memories I have of that delightful story will remain with me forever.  Oh shoot...when I was asked recently what I wanted for my birthday I should have said a copy of Pinky Marie...I know there are a few out there.

Dang it.

Anyway, If anybody out there has any idea why this particular blog gets so much attention, let me know, cause, I sure can't figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment