Saturday, September 20, 2014

Potpourri

My week, more or less.

We had some rain.  It was wonderful.

I've had my creative juices flowing, using some of the things I learned from "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain".  Spending hours and hours, that I should be doing more constructive things. However, in the end my store will benefit from all my endeavors.

Bobby came home to roost for the winter.  I had to get rid of some Mud Dauber nests under the eave of my house.  Why they chose to build just above my sliding patio door I will never know.  Sorry, Daubers.

My next door neighbor's daughter moved back to the Pacific Northwest, and is staying temporarily at home, she brought her dogs.  I knew they were there, but Zorro didn't....until yesterday...what a hoot. He drove me nuts all afternoon, in and out, in and out, in and out.  They are separated by a small garden area and a high lattice deck wall, so have not yet had nose to nose contact.  I think Zorro has peed on every bit of green between the house and the back end of the yard.

My huckleberries are ripening.  They are soooooooo good.  I pick a few every time I go outside.

I don't know what it is about September, the sun seems to know it is time to say goodbye.  It's glow is softer, more mellow yellow, and is in a great hurry every evening to hide behind the blanket of trees at the end of my culdesac.

I still hear crickets, but I'm sure they, too, sense their time is short.  

The lights of my neighbor's Piazza are out.

I'm waiting to hear the geese flying south.

I'm starting to think about putting summer yard decorations away, folding up the chairs and covering the park benches.  

Oh, and then there are the leaves...sweep, sweep, sweep.

And, there it is, I've said it all.

Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment