Thursday, November 6, 2014

I got to thinking...

yesterday about Jesus living here on earth as a man.

I know he was a carpenter by trade.  I wondered, being who he was, did he already know all the skills it took to be a carpenter?  Or, was his mind a clean slate when he was born a mortal, did he have to learn from scratch, just like we have to learn new things?

How old was he when he first held a tool?  Did the touch of metal in his hand feel cool?  When Joseph explained what it was, and how to use it, as a child was he curious turning it upside down, over and around, fingering its points and angles? What kind of questions did he ask?

When he smoothed a piece of wood, and the tiny bits of dust fell away from it, did he blow the dust away?  Did he take his hand and rub the wood exploring the intricate pattern of the grain?

Was his first attempt at making a stool or bench perfect, or did it wobble just a bit?

Did he ever get a splinter?  And, did he ever hit his thumb with a hammer?

We know he did become a skilled tradesman helping to support his family, the Bible tells us that. What exactly did he build?  Did his father have a shop?  Did he make furniture, or help to build homes and business establishments?   Did Jesus help to teach his brothers to become carpenters, too?

I know this is all rhetorical, at the moment...but oh the questions I want to ask when I have that golden opportunity.

I want to talk to Jonah, Noah, Esther, Ruth and all the other folks I've been learning about this year. There is so much I want to know.

Oh, and God...what about that Duckbill Platypus, and Giraffe, did you have leftover parts, or are they truly part of your grand design?  

I hope this blog has not offended anyone, that was not my intention, after all it is only and after all, The Ramblings of an Old Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment