Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I should be so done.

But, I'm not.

I keep telling myself I should be done trying to make illustrations for Christmas ideas for my store and yesterday I went so far to make my files neat and tidy and ready to put into my holiday file box. But, I keep getting ideas from catalogs that arrive in my mail box, and that's exactly what happened this morning.

There on the middle page of one catalog was a picture of a moose, an adorable moose.  I immediately began to think how I could change the image, but keep the cuteness and drew a sketch.  Somehow the antlers didn't look just right.  Oh, I stewed and I fretted. I sketched and erased, sketched and erased. Dang it.  I could just scream.

Frankie could see I was at the point of erasing a hole right through my sketch pad and in her ever so 'you're such a dumbbell' tone of voice, reminded me I did have a computer 'you know', and there is a very good possibility there are many, many images of moose to be found there.

(Insert several minutes of silence here.)




I hate when she does that.  Dang Frankie.  I should have thought of that.  Goodness knows Google images have solved drawing problems for me for years now.  There are times the forest is so thick with trees I simply cannot see the moose.  What a waste of a good stew and fret.

I tramp off to the office in a not to ladylike fashion.  Dang Frankie.  I type in Images of moose, and up pop images...there they were hundreds of images.  No wonder my moose looked so funny.  The antlers do not point downward, and but out, upward and backward.  Son of a gun.  I study the images very carefully, scrolling down the page.  After a while I think I can draw a darn cute moose.  I realized it's too late to use it as a Christmas drawing, but I think maybe it might be time to think about illustrations for Valentines Day.  Yeah, doggies!  A love sick moose, perfect for a Valentines Day card, that's the ticket!

Oh dear, I'm going to have to go back to Google, do female moose have antlers?


No comments:

Post a Comment