Monday, October 26, 2015

Now....

...there's no guarantee I will write every day, but at least my muse has returned which makes me a very happy person.

I don't know where she went for so many months and I suppose I should be angry with her.  I suspect though she should have been angry with me, after all it was I that had abandoned her.  Yep, I kicked her out like yesterday's sludge.  Thank goodness she returned without holding a grudge.

Writing is a crazy kind of thing.  It can come so easily but can go just as easily.  I got to reading some of my old writings while I was settling to my new office and could see how over the years my writing style changed.  I noticed it particularly when I went through my Nature Journals that I kept for about three years.  At first the entries were choppy...short...to the point...what's the number one rule of writing? "Show, don't tell", sadly that is what I was doing the first several months of writing the journals I told I saw a lizard but didn't show his color, how it felt, what it did.  Phooey!  

Fortunately, once I got into it everything I saw had a story to tell and my journals came alive.  I began collection specimen, I began drawing pictures, and I included things that were under my nose for years but never noticed.  I drug my dogs hither and yon searching out leaves, rocks, mosses, insects, tree barks till I had binders chucked full of wonderful 'stuff'.

Then came the years with a word processor (remember those) and writing became much more easy. Finally came the computer and (for me) a whole new world emerged.  Boy, did I write!!!!! Poems? Yep.  Essays? Yep.  Plays? Yep (at least one).  Mostly though I was good at ponders, I pondered A LOT.  Finally my daughter said I should try a blog...I had no idea what a blog was but was willing to give it a go. And I did.

Of course I had a lot of help with my blog there was my Muse, Zorro, CC, the Devil and Angel who sat on my shoulders and finally my wonderful invisible friend Frankie.  True I abandoned them for a while this year but I'm back baby....I'm back.  I'm even considering taking an on-line class in writing, perhaps poetry.

So, all I want to say is check in on this Rambling Old Woman from time to time you might find a poem, an essay, a play and for sure ponders...lots and lots of ponders.



No comments:

Post a Comment