Saturday, November 14, 2015

Just ask anybody!

They will tell you there are two day out of the whole year about which my whole world revolves. Each of these days I anticipate and prepare for...excitement growing.  One I love and one I hate (yes, I know hate is a very extreme word)...okay, okay, one I dislike.

For a lot of years I thought I was the only one emotionally attached to these two days so I sort of kept my feelings about them to myself.  I do a lot of peering out the windows of my home secretly hoping I can prevent one of them from ever happening, while wishing the other could happen sooner.  I tell ya' my life's been a roller coaster ride. Then a couple of years back these days came up in a conversation I had with one of my daughters and found out she had a...a...a...thing about these two days as well.  I was taken aback.  Whew, it felt good to talk about it.

There are plenty of signs these days are coming, matter of fact they are both imprinted on the calendars I buy each year.  So you see, they do not come as a surprise.  Of course I'm talking about the Summer and Winter Solstice.  I hate...'er dislike the summer one and can't wait until the winter one arrives.  Guess what?

The other day I was pondering and gazing out my window as twilight approached around the 5 O'clock hour when it hit me...Wasn't it just about time for the Winter Solstice?

My heart began to race, my hands began to sweat and I almost fell over Zorro in my haste to get to my calendar.  I flipped the page over to December and checked the date it clearly showed the magical day was on the 22nd.  I turned the page back to November and began to count.  At the time the number was 40...it's even less today.  Whoop, whoop.

So be prepared because on that day I'm going to be doing my hippity, happity, giggity, diggity dance. And the climb begins back to the second day of the year that I'm not quite so crazy about; there's never any dancing on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment