Wednesday, January 13, 2016

She stretched and yawned...

and her hair was a bit disheveled, but it was so good to see her pouring a cup of coffee.  Obviously she and Frankie had been up for a while although Frankie looked better and she was dressed.  I wondered if I should intrude because it seemed to me they have been 'huddling' and I secretly feared they may had been conspiring against me.

I poured myself some coffee and said "Good morning."  Then, quite unexpectedly I was the recipient of and in the middle of a gigantic, smothering, hard to breathe bear hug.

When I could finally inhale deeply I inquired, "Does this mean I'm forgiven?  I want you to know I didn't sleep very well last night.  I had a lot of things to think about."

"I know," said Muse giving me an obligatory pat on the head, "I've decided you've suffered enough and I do forgive you."

Frankie, (I swear I saw her wipe a tear from her eye) said, "Yeah old lady, this year is going to be different.  I've asked Muse to move in...yes, she'll share my space...and she has agreed."

I opened my mouth to respond, but an "Ah, ah, ah" and shake of an index finger told me I had better not say anything.  So, for once I didn't.

Muse and Frankie's slipper-footed shuffling ensued as they walked off whispering.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled Muse is back, I'm even glad she and Frankie have finally become friends.  HOWEVER I confess there is a bit of trepidation going on as now Angel and Devil are at odds.  Angel insisting that things are going to be fine, while Devil is...well...doing that the Devil does, he's sowing seeds of doubt and anticipating trouble.  As for me stuck in the middle my biggest fear is I'm no longer in charge...top  dog...numero uno.  Are they going to gang up on me? Have I already lost control?  What the heck does the year have in store?

After all, how bad could it get, right?

Right?

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment