Friday, February 12, 2016

A bit of this, a bit of that.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I discovered hot dogs on the Sonic Drive-in restaurant's menu.  I can't remember the last time I had a hot dog.  It has been years for sure.  When is the last time you had one?  You better believe one of these times I'm going to by some of them when we pay Sonic's another visit.

This morning I got such a kick out of my seagulls, Sea More and Ebb Tide.  They seem to be getting kind of cozy, and I'm wondering if they've become a couple and if babies might be coming along this year.  The eagles at Decorah are putting the finishing touches on the nesting bowl and I would not be surprised if one of these mornings I find her nestled in prepared to lay the first egg.

I'm having a bit of a plumbing problem with the bathroom sink.  I called maintenance Wednesday morning to come take a look.  Of course the whole time the guy messed around with the sink it would not leak.  I was told to give them a call if it happened again. (Of course) it happened last night while I was getting ready for bed and brushing my teeth, and again this morning while I was getting dressed.
I called them, now we'll see how long it takes for them to return.  I'm not going to hold my breath. However, I did take a few pictures this morning to prove there is a leak and that I am not responsible for it.

I don't think I've told you I have given myself a Buzz Cut-Do.  Yep, the hairs in the back and along sides are so short I can scarcely grab it between my thumb and forefinger.  I bought myself an electric trimmer to make my trimming job easier, I just have to get brave enough to use it.  And, I have to hope the buzzing sound does not send Zorro into a nervous bowl of jello.

Tomorrow is basketball game time.  My granddaughter informed me on Wednesday she is going to have two games back to back, so it's going to be a busy morning.  Last week her team lost, but they played a very respectable game I was amazed because some of her 'mates' are pretty small, but dang if they didn't make baskets, a few of which were 'nothing but net'.

Well, guess that's about all the 'bits' I have for today.  Now I just have to hope I can actually post this to Facebook, I've not been so lucky the last few days.

What was it that Tennessee Ernie Ford used to say, "If God's willin' and the creek don't rise" I'll be back a-writin' soon.  Have a good weekend everybody.  

No comments:

Post a Comment