Sunday, February 28, 2016

Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

It's late at night.  The house is quite.  Most of the lights are off.  I creep into the office and as silently as possible sit down at my computer. Zorro joins me hopping into his makeshift bed nestling under his blanket.

I sneak the catalog out from under the pile of papers I had placed in the middle of the computer desk and smile.  Yep, there on page 64 is an AD and a bright, beautiful thing it is to behold.  The ad takes up the whole page the headline reading "Your Choice...starting at JUST 9.99." I start to drool.  A very pretty young woman with blond hair is luring me in with her gorgeous smile.  

(Back story.)

This afternoon there was a new catalog in the mail.  It is all about women's wear. Thumbing through the pages I saw the ad and immediately, hurriedly, went to the office and buried the catalog under the a-fore mentioned pile of papers. There was no way I was going to let Frankie and Muse see the ad, or the whole catalog for that matter.

For the rest of the day I could barely contain myself until the girls announced they are heading off to bed.  I patiently watch the news while I hear water running, teeth brushing and finally the toilet stop running for the last time. Then...I wait just a bit longer...I walk through our abode, checking the doors are locked and the lights are off. Zorro is softly pitter-pattering after me.  He thinks we are going to bed. Ha!

Finally!

Yes, finally I'm sitting in front of the computer and extracting the catalog. The beautiful girl on the shiny page is still smiling at me.  I again read the ad, I can't believe my eyes, it is telling me if I purchase three or more of this 'lounge' wear I can have them for the mere price of NINE DOLLARS AND NINETY NINE CENTS each.  In reality this 'lounge' wear is what I would call a Muu-Muu and is exactly what I've been looking for.  They are beautiful, colorful, bright prints. They slip over the head, have a side pocket and a nice full skirt.  I sooo want some of these.

I look around the room, yes, everything and everybody is quite.  It seems every stroke I take on the keyboard is extra loud.  Shhhh, A, D, F, Q, R and W.  I find the website; I look around the room again.  I find the item number and I'm instructed to type in the product color number.  Oh, and I do, I type in six of them. Pink, Lavender, Aqua, Berry, Black and Hunter.  Click.  There are six items in my 'basket'.  I'm asked if I want to continue to shop or check out.

I know I'm on borrowed time and could be discovered any minute so I opt to check out. I'm thanked for my order; I can expect an e-mail that my order is received. I will be told when I can expect my shipment and delivery. Whew! Another 'click' and the website is gone.  I made it!


I turn off the computer, and hide the catalog at the very bottom of the catalog pile and turn off the light.  Boy, I'm pleased as punch and tickled pink! Ohhhhhhh!  Won't Frankie and Muse be ever so surprised when THIS package comes to the door?  I can hardly wait...who's got the last laugh now?

No comments:

Post a Comment