Sunday, March 27, 2016

I guess you've heard...



...there's a cruddy illness going around.  My sister's family has it, my daughter's family has it, and it turns out the company I took my tax papers to on Friday has it as well.  They hadn't bothered to call me to tell me my tax lady was ill so I went to fulfill that obligation.

On one hand, I wanted to be angry, how much effort would it have taken to give me a buzz so we could have rescheduled my appointment.  When the receptionist told me the staff was 'dropping like flies' I was wishing I had brought my disinfecting spray along, I'd have doused myself in it.  I was glad I had touched nothing but the doors handle and had a nice leisurely walk home in order for any germs I might have picked up to fall off me onto the sidewalk as I sauntered along.  I had thought about stopping along the way to pick up a bit of lunch, but was glad I hadn't because if the crud is going around I might have picked it up no matter where I would have stopped.

On the other hand I was able to drop off my tax papers which meant I did not have to stay in their 'sick' office long; hopefully not long enough to become infected.  I was told they will call whenever they had been completed and I left in a hurry.  I'm going to give them till Wednesday and then give them a jingle to make sure my tax papers are being looked at (after all there is a time frame involved here) and ask when they might be completed. Plus, hopefully by then the crud will have made its way through their office so when I pick my competed tax papers up no one there will be contagious.

In the meantime, I got a call from my Granddaughter yesterday informing me that the scheduled Easter celebration has been cancelled for today...dang crud...however I did appreciate the call.  So far I've managed to escape this illness and hope I continue to do so.  From all reports, the cough lingers for a very long time and getting your strength back is not easy.  The pessimist part of me thinks this crud probably affects older people harder than the young, and I would hate to end up in the hospital with perhaps something worse...like pneumonia.  I feel icky just thinking about all of this.  DANG CRUD! The optimist in me wants to think I will escape this illness altogether...I hope, I hope, I hope.

So, Easter Sunday morning, here I sit...wondering what I can prepare as a mini celebration of the resurrected Jesus.  I'm sure as long as Frankie and Muse don't have to do the cooking anything will be fine with them.  I have a few ideas up my sleeve that I will keep as a surprise.  I do wish I had a bunny suit though; I'd love to bounce into their room and jump on their beds till they fall off.  Zorro, CC and I've been up since before six.

On the sunny side of life...I'm still feeling good that so far the crud has not invaded my household.  I sure hope it doesn't.

Happy Easter everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment