Thursday, April 28, 2016

I'm bound and determined!!!

Yes I am!  I'm bound and determined today is the day I am going to devote to filing.  This is something I should have done months ago.  You know what I'm talking about, the binding up of 2015 files as I prepared the necessary papers for tax purposes.  Some of those files I simply threw away at that time; while others (the ones some say you should save for 7 years...some forever) I carefully stapled together and placed in a manila folder to be filed...someday.  Well, that folder is still on my desk, along with an additional white and green folder marked H & R Block which also now needs to be filed.

A few days ago I WAS going to file everything in these folders; I even moved them across the room to the file boxes they were going to go into. They laid there all day, as I got sidetracked updating my 2016 monthly personal budget. It seems I had neglected this chore so long that the pile of weekly receipts had grown so high it had flopped over. Since I was devoting the day to filing this seemed like the easier part of that activity. It was easily accomplished. I was encouraged to move along, right?

Not so much!  It seems one thing led to another...the dog needed to go out.  The phone needed to be answered, the mail needed to be retrieved, etc, etc. Swish, the day was done.  Around 11 PM I finally got back to the office to turn off the computer and there....exactly where I had left them in the morning were the files I intended to file.  I picked them up and put them back on the desk.  They have been there ever since.

That's why I have devoted today to filing; I AM going to file all those files.  I don't care how boring and uninteresting this job is, today is the day, I am going to file those files. I'm getting ready right now.  Really! Seriously! Absolutely!

Maybe?????

No comments:

Post a Comment