Friday, April 15, 2016

What...a...mess




I may have mentioned the complex I live in sent a notice to all of us stating they were going to "preform necessary cleaning of our property".  I was told by longtime residents this meant pressure washing of the gutters and buildings as well as cleaning of the roofs.  I didn't (don't) have a problem with that.  I was also told that our building has always been the first to get done and we could once again make our patios livable.  Right!!!!!

Well, our building did not get done first, and I had everything from my patios stored in corners of my apartment.  Finally on Wednesday they began work on our building.  What a mess!  They started with the upper parking lot and buildings which meant a lot of the debris they washed off (up there) splashed over the edge of the wall and down, down, down to my lower level.  Yuck.  Taking the dog out meant I had to avoid certain areas so we would not get drenched.

Late morning they began working the lower level.  I could hear a funny noise and I peeked out to find a guy using a very large kind of 'wet/washer' on the sidewalk.  You know the kind of commercial floor wash/polishers they use in office buildings, this machine was like that, only larger and it spewed soapy water e-v-e-r-y w-h-e-r-e.  During this process they also washed my front/back patio. Thank goodness I took their heed and removed everything, that machine made the concrete look almost newly poured.

At some point someone was also on the roof, and suddenly an avalanche of old oak leaves fell to the ground...shoot, I thought I was done with those.

Finally in the afternoon they got around to pressure washing the front/back of the building.  They did a terrific job except now I'm going to have to wash the windows and wipe down the screen doors because of all the water streaks left behind.  However, by the end of the day I was also able to remove the patio furniture from my dining area and make things right on the front/back patio.

I was optimistic they would do the back/front yesterday, but the inclement weather brought the cleanup to a halt.  At the same time that dang inclement weather also brought with it wind that in turn had me picking up oak leaves off the sidewalk and patio all-day-long.  That's life I guess.

Today I'm hoping they will come back and finish up the building.  I'm eager to get my patio furniture out of my living room and back where it belongs as I'm eager to enjoy leisure hours out of doors. Especially since the weather is supposed to turn and the temperatures gradually inch back up into the high 70's and low 80's.  I can see me now with book, libation and contented pup soaking up the fresh air and sounds of spring, and that's the good life.

Needless to say this has been a topsy-turvy week, a very wet, soggy topsy-turvy week.  I just want my normal back, I like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment