Monday, October 13, 2014

Blustery Days

This weekend was a Winnie Pooh "blustery days" weekend.  The leaves twirled and swirled hither and yon.  Sometimes in great abundance, sometimes a few at at time.  I didn't pay too much attention until CC decided to park her furry butt in the bay window.

I was busy doing laundry, and other weekend activities when I began to hear 'thumps'.  They were not of the alarming variety, as though someone was trying to break into the house, none the less, they were starting to become annoying. What the heck was going on?

Meandering through the living room I noticed CC in the bay window, her stubby, crooked tail methodically, metronomically,  moving back and forth.  Boy, was she agitated.

All of a sudden a gust of wind blew yellow and green leaves around the front yard, some of which hit the bay window.

CC leaped halfway up the window, slamming her front paws against the glass.  Once she settled down, her head moved back and forth watching the leaves land in the grass.  I was amused, she so engrossed in the swirling leaves I think the house could have crumbled down around her.  I had not seen her so enthralled in a very long time, (probably since last October when the leaves were falling off the trees).

I decided it this was good exercise for her, and I knew she didn't have enough weight to break the window so I went about my business allowing her to do hers.

"Thunk."

"Thunk."

"Thunk."

"Thunk."

And so it went.  For a very, very long time.

Later in the afternoon it occurred the "thunking" had stopped.  Well, it wasn't so much the "thunking' had stopped but that CC had disappeared.  Had I absentmindedly left a door open, had she sneaked out? Hmmm where was my illusive creature?  I looked around the house and garage checking her favorite haunts.  Nope, she was not to be found, she had disappeared.  I grew concerned, until it came to me, she had a very active afternoon and was probably napping...somewhere.

It was not until almost bedtime she reappeared, from the direction of the garage, she stretched mightily (the kind I wish I could do) and yawned.  She looked quite refreshed.  I think the 'catch the leaf game' had been good for her.

Boy, it's going to be a l-o-n-g autumn, waiting for that last leaf to fall.  If she keeps up with this game, she's gonna' lose a lot of weight.  I wonder...should I include jumping jacks in my exercise program?


No comments:

Post a Comment