Sunday, March 1, 2015

Grrrrr, darn Frankie.

Me:  "FRANKIE!" Yes, I'm yelling.  Sometimes I could spit tacks.

Frankie saunters into the kitchen, steaming mug of coffee in hand.  See, I knew she was guilty.  She looks so innocent...so.....ahhhh!!!!

Frankie:  (Taking a bite of peanut butter covered bagel.)  "What's got your bun wound so tight?"

She actually snickered.  Grrrr.

Me:  "Did we not have a long talk about the flavored coffee creamers?  Did we not set up a system to rotate the creamers so they all run out at the same time?"

Frankie screws up her face in fake concentration, wrinkling her brow, shifting her mouth from side to side, scratching her nose.  "I guess I recollect something like that."

Me:  "Is that all you have to say for yourself?  You know you deliberately messed up the order."

Frankie moves way to far into my personal space and challenges me.  "How do you know I messed up the order, maybe you did."

I drag her to the cupboard and remind her about the system.  There are four jars of flavored creamers and one jar of just plain sugar...the sugar is the jar that guides us through the system.  Every day, the creamer we are to use that day sits in front of the sugar, every day as we use that creamer, a new creamer moves in front of the sugar container and a round robin system begins.  It works well, each creamer container empties within days of each other.

Frankie hates this system.

Oh, I know, it is kind of silly, but I guess I kind of have a bit of OCD because I like the order of my creamer system...I know each day I will enjoy a different flavoring in my coffee, and I also know I will be opening new containers all at once, not one every two weeks or so.  Frankie, on the other hand does not care a twit.  Dang her.

So, Frankie says, "Just how do you know I used a creamer out of order, anyway?"
Me:  (Sighing.) "Yesterday, I used the pumpkin spice, which means I should not have found it in front of the sugar container this morning."
Frankie:  "I didn't want pumpkin spice yesterday, but I did this morning, so I moved back in front of the sugar for this morning.
Me:  "But, I should be having hazelnut this morning...I want hazelnut!"

Frankie in her usual, I don't give a crap attitude grabs my cheeks squeezes just a tad hard, while being waaaaay to close in my private space when she says: "I've got one word for you getoverit!'

Wow!!!  This is hard to process.  I retreat, intending to return and do battle...she's not getting away with this.  No way!!!!

I take my pumpkin spice flavored coffee and go to my office contemplating my revenge. All of a sudden I recall a conversation I had yesterday when I boastfully and proudly exclaimed I was pleased I've become mature and forgiving, able to overlook the small stuff.   Yet here I was making an awful fuss over of all things...coffee creamers.  Oh, I don't know I will ever be able to give up on my rotation system because I like it, but I have learned a lesson this morning.  In the scheme of things does it really matter if Frankie occasionally, or even frequently wants a different flavor in her coffee than I do?  Nope, I don't think so.

This was definitely 'sweating a small stuff' thing and I definitely should be the bigger person and overlook it.

So since I'm going with friends to happy hour this afternoon, as a way of making up and saying I'm sorry, I think I'll ask Frankie to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment