Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Where has the time gone?

After being thrown into such a tizzy last week over the fact I have been out of high school for 60 years I have lost all track of time.  Frankie says I've been "bouncing off the walls"...her words not mine.

Actually she's right. I'm getting closer and closer to making that 'big change' in my life and some days I'm really upbeat and ready, while some days my heart flutters and I find I want to breathe into a paper bag.  I'm glad Frankie is here, she's the yin to my yang.

Over the last couple of years I've been reading my I-Ching and horoscope and the particular website I visit has been pretty darn accurate in keeping me grounded.  Seriously, it's as though they know me on a personal basis and after I check out my daily read I often sigh with relief.  Take today's reading:

"The good news is that you are on the receiving end of more encouragement now than you dreamed possible. However, the bad news is everyone seems to have an agenda that's different from yours. You would love to embrace their support, but you don't want to alter your plans for any reason. Although there's no quick solution to this dilemma, it's best to graciously accept the assistance rather than to fearfully push it away. Thankfully, the full story will come out sooner than you expect, clearing the air once and for all."

Considering the changes I want to make for myself and my little family, today's reading has some mysterious connotations I don't quite understand...yet.  I feel as though I'm about to start a boulder rolling down a steep hill and envision that boulder bouncing out of control hitting trees, road signs, other boulders as it picks up speed careening to the bottom of the hill.  I'm running as fast and hard as I can behind it screaming "Look out!"  "Get out of the way!"

Ain't I too old for this kind of nonsense?  Shouldn't I be lounging in the sun somewhere feet up, with some kind of exotic drink that has an umbrella and wedge of pineapple floating on top?  Sigh.

I guess not.  Instead I'm thinking about selling my home and moving into a retirement community where somebody will take care of me, Frankie, Zorro and CC as well.

Frankie's standing here looking over my shoulder, leaning against my chair causing it to shudder. She says I'm not chasing the boulder...I am the boulder.  She's the one screaming "Look out!"  "Get out of the way!"  See, I told you she's the yin to my yang.  I think I'm going to let her be in control.

Meantime, I'll try to take it day by day and let my future unfold however it should.  As my reading said this morning.  "Thankfully, the full story will come out...sooner than you expect"  Let's hope I'm up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment