Friday, January 15, 2016

Sometimes it's good...

...there is no one around.  For instance, yesterday I eventually got hungry and decided to put a little effort in fixing myself something to eat.  Please notice I said 'little effort', actually it was very little effort.  I flung open the refrigerator door and the loaf of bread practically jumped off the shelf.  I took that as a sign I needed to make a sandwich. Well, there ya' go how much effort does that take?

Apparently quite a bit.  I started with some house brand dressing and several pieces of nice, thick, deli-style chicken breast.  Yummm.  I'm out of tomatoes and lettuce and the sandwich looked kind of naked, what else did I have in the fridge to spice this sad looking bread and meat.  I know!  I flung open the refrigerator door again and grabbed a package of extra sharp cheddar cheese.  I do love cheese.  I opened the zip lock plastic bag and removed the cheese.  

I tried to pull a slice off it, but I couldn't find a clearly marked place on the first side so I gave the cheese a quarter turn.  Well, dang it!  I gave another turn.  By now I am so engrossed in trying to find the slice mark; I've blocked out every other thought in my mind.  Grrrrr!

Deciding I needed additional light to make this 'chore' more easy, I moved closer to the light, re-adjusted my glasses and gave this chunk of cheese a much better look.

Hmmm!

Hmmm!

I could feel the giggle coming up from just under my rib cage.  It started out low but within seconds I was in a full blown fit of laughter.  There I was trying to pull off a slice of cheese from a previously opened brick of extra sharp cheddar cheese.  I threw a hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter and took a quick glance around the place to make sure no one heard me and comes to see what I've done.

Whew, it looks like this moment of stupidity belongs to me alone.  Yep, sometimes it takes quite a bit of effort to make a simple sandwich, and... sometimes it's good there's no one around.



No comments:

Post a Comment