Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hmmm?

I think I'm going to have to start hanging post-it notes on my shirts. Seriously. This morning I had two ideas on what to write about for my blog today. They were both good.  However, I also had stuff to do before I could come to work, and my mind filled up with muddy water and now I can't remember either one of them.  Think, Sandra, think.

(Pausing to think.)

(Pausing to think.)

(Pausing to think.)

Okay I give up.

So, here's the thing.  Ya'all know I enjoy going to the cameras at Times Square NYC, although I try not to bore you with this, or the eagles anymore, however, (yes, here I go again...last time I hope...but can't actually promise) there is still a great deal of construction going on at The Square and since I happen to like watching heavy equipment at work, and also construction workers at work (LOL) I've been enjoying all the happenings.

Through 'computer magic' we are able to post any particular camera view to something called the archives, and post a comment.  I've done that once.  Many people do it all the time.  Recently there is somebody I'll call Ms. Nitpick, who is very disgruntled with all the construction, and A. has never been personally involved with a construction project and B. never been personally involved with a construction project.

Plus, when I go to the web-site, I not only look at the picture as a whole, I dissect it. I zoom in, I zoom out, I check out every intricacy.  Ms. Nitpick on the other hand, tends to only see the mess and gripe, gripe, gripe.  Get a grip Ms. Nitpick...the construction will be over, when it's over.  I see the accomplishments, she sees the devastation.  She makes me laugh, but at the same time I'd like to slap her silly.

I guess we've all had people in our lives who are constant complainers.  When life hands them lemons, they suck on them never realizing their potential when you add a little water and sugar.  They love to talk about their ailments, find at least one thing wrong with their restaurant dinner, talk constantly about one particular thing till you want to pull your hair out.

Yeah, yeah, I know...I've got my issues too.  So, I guess I'm the pot calling the kettle black. However, I hope I do my issues kind of 'tongue in cheek', or at least with a hint of humor to them.  And, as I say, I'm now making a special effort to not bore you with my idiosyncrasies and current obsessions.  All I want to be is a well rounded crazy person.  Which...I think I am.  I am, aren't I?

Anyhoo.

Dear Ms. Nitpick,

My mamma always told me "If you can't say something good about something, don't say anything at all."

Sincerely yours,

Crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment