Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I've got the giggles.

Seriously.  I would have thought people understood construction.  I am getting such a kick out of the comments left at the construction site in Times Square.  (Yes, I know I wouldn't write about this any more.) I guess I lied. But, it's just so darn funny.  There are comments like "Same old digging, same old spot."  "Is this construction e-v-e-r going to end?" "When are things going to get back to normal?" "I hate all the noise!"

Well, let me tell you.  Digging in the same spot is routine, either somebody didn't read the 'specs', or they've discovered, the original plan didn't match up with what the 'city thought' was buried in the first place.  Oh, yes, the construction will end...supposedly at the end of 2014, hopefully in time for the New Year's Eve bash. People!!! Times Square has never been and never be normal...that's what makes Times Square, Times Square.  I know I'm the odd man out here, but I happen to enjoy construction noise, it shows progress is being made if even at the slowest pace possible.

Relax people!  Get a grip!  It's going to be okay.

On a small scale, I've had some remodeling done.  We had a completion date, and our intentions were good, very, very good.  However, stuff happens.  Perhaps the tile you want is suddenly, and always mysteriously out of stock...so if you want to stay on track you can either change tiles or you can wait.  Then something unexpected happens...like a worker putting his foot through your dining area ceiling.  (OMG, THAT WAS SOOO FUNNY!)  That still makes me giggle to this day.

It got so quiet in my house you could hear a feather drop.  After the foot slowly retreated out of sight, I inquired "Is that an ooops?"  And we all laughed.  Which all goes to prove that no matter how much you want to have any project move along normally, there are times...mostly all the time...things will hiccup.  My advise is, breathe deep and go with the flow.  Those hiccups will make a good story some time in the future.

So, construction workers in New York, keep doing your thing.   And, I bet a thousand dollars, six weeks after construction is completed, somewhere, somehow, for some reason, part of that new construction will be under repair.  But, it's all good, it's all good.

Breathe deep, and go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment