Thursday, September 11, 2014

I just can't stop...

...crying this morning.

Seriously, I'm an emotional basket case today.  Images of the 9-11 tragedy are all over social media, bringing up uncomfortable memories, nagging questions, and an especially bitter taste in my mouth over the consequences of those horrible terrorist attacks on our country.

Things have not been the same since.  And, sadly never will be again. Since that black day in our nation's history, we entered a whirlpool down, down, down into the belly of decay.  That place where, eventually, all nations go when they have lost respect in the eyes of the rest of the world's nations.

I don't want to belabor any points, we all know what's happening here in the United States, lots of people talk about them, every day...every single day, but in order to correct our downward spiral, we have to collectively, cooperate with each other, and that's something we are no longer willing to do.

We all want to be right.  In order to survive, being right is not the answer, being a collective, being cooperative is. America has always been a melting pot, a medley...a song if you will, of people from nations around the world singing in harmony with one goal in mind, to make America great.

We are singing 'off key'.

If we cannot respect each other and embrace the differences among ourselves, we will never be able to respect our government and what it used to stand for.  And so it was, on the day the planes crashed into the buildings and the ground, the America I knew and grew up in died.  She will never be the same.

Is there hope for our nation?  Maybe.

I worry about my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  I never imagined America would become a third world nation.  If the nations of the world no longer respect us, will they come to our aide if we need them...I have my doubts...it's a scary thought.

I just can't stop crying this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment