Saturday, September 13, 2014

I don't know what to think.

Yesterday, on one of my favorite websites there was an ad from a very well know jewelry store. You would immediately recognize the name. They were advertising diamond engagement rings.  Oh, I do so love 'sparklies', and they were the MOST beautiful 'sparklies'.  I immediately associated this ad with the coming holiday season, as I've not seen an ad from a jewelry store since...well, probably last holiday season...or maybe Mother's Day.

Anyway, I thought it was odd, after all it is only mid September.  Then this morning I saw a new ad for the same jewelry store on the same website.  Hmmm, I'm thinking to myself, so this is indeed a warm-up for holiday shopping.  I'm guessing it won't be long before I see ads from car manufacturers with huge red bows on them.  Somehow I will deal with this.  I certainly can't stop the holidays from coming.

Then, (gulp) this morning I'm lounging with my sweet puppy, still in bed, watching the local news. There, on my bedroom television is an ad. Snow is falling, the announcer states it's time for winter tires and says we don't want to buy a set of 'all weather' tires, no...we need snow tires for better traction and a half dozen other reasons.  Frankly, I really don't care about tires...I don't even own a car.  But, I was appalled that this tire company had totally over looked the lovely season of Autumn/Fall, and showed instead a picture of falling snow.  What the heck?

Didn't this year just start a couple weeks ago?  Where the blankity, blank, blank has the year gone?

Is it just me, or (seriously) has time sped up to the point I simply can't keep up any more.  Man, I'm gonna' miss not being able to have my house open with wonderful fresh air flowing through all the rooms.  I'm gonna' miss the long, warm, daylight evenings.  I'm gonna' miss all the butterflies.  Sigh.

But, on the other hand, hopefully I will have a new winter house guest, perhaps a niece of nephew of Bobby, the shield bug I found 'belly-up' on my patio earlier this summer.   And, even though it will continue to get dark earlier and earlier, I can look forward to the shortest daylight day of the year so I can anticipate the longest one next June.  Plus, I do have the holidays to look forward to, even though I'm not particularly happy advertisers are already trying to shove their wares down my throat...and it's only September.

I don't know what to think, where has this year gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment