Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Nummmm, nummmm, nummmmm

A couple of days ago I posted on Facebook that I had purchased some holiday favored coffee creamers (the liquid kind).  The flavors are Dulce de Leche, Mexican Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookie and Snickerdoodle.  As I opened each flavor for the first time, I gave it a good shake, then pulled the little plastic stopper ring away, licked it and threw it into the trash. Just a little precursor of what was to come.  Oh, they were ever so tasty.

This morning I opened the last one...Snickerdoodle.   Shake, shake, shake;  I'm singing "It's a Beautiful Day in my Neighborhood".  I pull the stopper away and the smell of fresh baked cookies wafts up my nostrils.  I glance down and there at my side is my constant companion,
the furry one. I'm about to lick the stopper, oh what the heck...I put the stopper close to Zorro's nose, he sniffs, then sniffs again.

What?  He does not like this?  How is that possible? He's like Mikey...who liked everything.  Zorro gives a tentative, gentle lick.  I'm thinking, 'well son of a gun, maybe this stuff has things in it not good for dogs...or (shudder, shudder) people, either'.

I need not have worried, he licked, and licked, and licked and l-i-c-k-e-d.  He l-o-v-e-d this stuff.  I look down at him and say aloud, "See what a good mommy I am to share."  He looks at me, longingly, definitely wanting more. I considered giving him one more lick until I remembered this good stuff was not going to last forever, and is not cheap, so even though I love him very much...I decided I'm not going to share one lick more. Sorry, Zorro.

Okay, I'm not really all that Grinchy, and will share with Frankie, if she behaves herself. "You hear that, Frankie?  You have got to stop being naughty and start being nice.  Frankie, Frankie....you hear me?"

Dang!

"Frankie, you better not be planning something scary!   Frankie!   Frankie????????"

No comments:

Post a Comment