Sunday, December 14, 2014

Ho, ho, ho,

Oh, it's a beautiful day in my neighborhood.  It's the middle of December, and we should be ankle deep in rain water rushing down the street gutters.  Instead it is an absolutely beautiful day.  What a wonder to behold.

It's six days plus some hours until winter actually begins.  Yaaaaaaahooooooo.  And, ten days plus some hours till Christmas.  Although by this time into December, I'm pretty sick of all the commercials, I'm loving the car commercials this year.  They still have the huge red bows on top of the new ones that (apparently) some folks get as a present. Although, I've personally never known anybody who actually got one, oh, well.

Anyway, this year some commercials have parents trying to explain to their children exactly how Santa got that car into their driveways, indicating it takes a lot of technical wizardry and elfin magic. I think it's kind of cute. But my favorite is of the young man who helps Santa get back to his apartment after a long day of ho, ho, hooo-ing.  First, the man has to maneuver Santa's bag up several flights of steps, depositing it at Santa's door.

Next we see the man working through the night repairing Santa's suit, which again he deposits at Santa's door.  In the morning Santa opens his door and finds his suit ever so neatly repaired, and he lovingly touches the perfect stitching, perfect Santa smile on his face.

The next scene is my absolute favorite.  Young man goes outside in the morning, and there...in his driveway is a brand new car.  He's so surprised he almost slips and falls on his icy sidewalk.  I'm telling you, no matter how many times I see this commercial, it brings a smile to my face.

There's no technical wizardry or elfin magic involved here, this is just a simple case of human kindness, helping of fellowman and unexpected surprise.  Goodness reigns supreme.

I love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment