Saturday, December 13, 2014

Perhaps,

you remember I started a list earlier this month to comply with something called A Hundred Days of Happy.

I had a hard time getting started.  I didn't know why it seemed hard at the time, until I realized what my heart wanted to say and what my mind wanted to say were two different things.  My Happy's were supposed to be actual, and what I felt at that particular moment, not what my mind wished I was happy for (like a million dollars).

And so began my strange odyssey to a hundred days of happy.  I was hoping I would not get stuck on some kind of a trend, since I do have certain quirky things that make me happy, and continually choose things (like and for instance) nature related.  Surely I can be more creative than that.  Plus, I didn't want to have to 'think' in advance about what at that particular moment made me happy.

So, my game plan is:

There is no particular time of day I must record my happy.
The entry cannot be rehearsed but as spontaneous as possible.
I will not be embarrassed by my happy, no matter how dumb it might sound once written on paper.
I will not erase any entry once written (even though later in the day a better happy might enter my mind).

I won't always keep you updated as to what my Happy's are, but I will from time to time write a blog about a weeks worth.  Maybe.  Perhaps.  Or, maybe not.  Anyway, here is my first week's (give or take) worth of Happy's.

Bobby
Vanilla Ice Cream
Washed/Dried/Folded/Put Away Laundry
I'm Still Breathing
Space, The Last Frontier
Johnstown Magazine
Christmas Lights
Having Money to Pay Bills
That My Power Did Not Go Out.
Fresh Ripe Tomatoes

How's that for diversity?  I'm happy, happy, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment