Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hey!!!!!

As I was coming out of my sleepy time fog this morning, the news was on.  I was kind of listening, kind of not.  When I heard the reporter state that 'Tweets' have negative aspects to them, and can harm your health. Especially if they have the word "Hey!" in them.

Apparently posting angry Tweets can cause a person (over time) to have at least heart problems and at worst a heart attack.

It was at this point I began to pay attention.

Hmmm, I says to myself...are Tweets going to take the place of, let's say 'road rage'?  Surely that kind of anger can cause a heart attack, too.

And, really, I pondered, what does the word "Hey" have to do with this?

Let's face it if somebody yells "Hey" at you, you do have the tendency to stop, drop and roll. And, the first thing that goes through my mind is, "Uh oh, what the heck did I do now?"

Oh, sometimes "Hey" is not used in an angry manner, such as..."Hey, Dude, wazz' up?" However, in this instance you are actually looking at the Dude, and the sentence is generally followed with a 'high five', of fist bump.

On the other hand, an angry "Hey", can be followed with a punch to the face or stomach, or the worst case scenario a stab wound or gun shot to your tummy area.  Hey, it's crazy times, folks.  

At this point of the news clip, the reporter stated that the best way to handle your anger is not with an insulting, irrational, expletive laden, pent-up Tweet, but by letting loose with a good long, loud, scream, or by letting loose with a swing at something...(not body), like a pillow or punching bag.  I personally would not suggest a wall, door or other object that could break a bone in your hand.

Here's the thing.  I have for years suggested that every home should have a screaming room. One with pads on the walls, no windows, and soundproof doors. And, after hearing this mornings news clip I know I'm right.  However, now I think a life sized, feather filled mannequin would be an excellent addition to said room.  Hey, you know you want one in your house.

In the end though, I think the best way to handle anger, is the good old fashioned way.  The way they did it in old, black and white, silent films.  Yep, with a good old fashioned pie fight. Talk about releasing pent up emotions, ain't nothing better.  We had one once when the kids were little.  Nobody was angry with anyone, it simply was something I had always wanted to do.  So we filled paper plates with whipped cream, and chased each other all around the apartment building.  We were whipped cream messes.  In the end we hosed ourselves off, and went back in the apartments to shower and put on clean clothes.  Gotta' say it was a ball.

If it was good enough for Laurel and Hardy, it was good enough for Lucille Ball, it was good enough for us, it should be good enough for you.  Nobody ever got hurt, and how can you not laugh at somebody with whipped cream covering their face, hair and at least 50% of their body.

Hey!  You ought to give it a go.



No comments:

Post a Comment