Saturday, January 17, 2015

Well....that was a big waste of time

I knew it was going to be a busy Saturday, and since I know I can't do more than one thing at a time........(anymore); I also knew today was going to present challenges.  I thought I was prepared.

I'm not.

First and foremost I have groceries being delivered sometime between 11 AM and 3 PM, so I have to be ready to stop one project at a moment's notice and begin to put my delivery away.

In the meantime I've started my laundry.  I noticed my detergent container was getting low, and figured this would be a good morning to open and mix in the detergents I ordered some time ago.  I buy a famous name brand and a house brand and mix them together, with whatever is remaining in the 'leftover' container.  I do this using a wooden spoon.  I've noticed the stores now carry powdered 'concentrated' varieties, and that is what I purchased last.  The directions stated that one scoop equals six loads, so I rummaged through my plastic containers trying to find one 'just right' that would fill the old scoop six times to the top.  I eventually found one that came close and I started my first load.

Being a nonbeliever, I checked the water as the tub was filling just to make sure I actually saw some semblance of suds.  I did and was a happy camper.

Next, I decided to go to work.  I've been creating return address labels for my store, and spent the rest of the morning scanning in snowflakes and snowmen.  Crap.  Suddenly my scanner went bonkers, and would give me an error message.  Did I panic, yes...and I began to back myself out of my programs, trying to undo whatever error I had made...NOT REALIZING I HAD NOT 'SAVED' ALL MY HOURS OF WORK ALREADY DONE.  CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

Sigh, everything was gone.

GONE, GONE, GONE.  CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

So, I think it's time to 'step away', turn off this blankity, blank lecronical gadget and concentrate on my laundry, and waiting for my groceries to arrive.

So far today has been a big waste of time.

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.


No comments:

Post a Comment