Thursday, January 22, 2015


I'm pretty sure I've written before how time sometimes plays tricks on me, and some days slowly move through each and every moment.  I can accomplish in two hours what normally takes eight. Then other days, no matter how hard I try to accomplish even the easiest, shortest chore, it seems to take eight hours.

Take for instance, emptying the dishwasher.  I will open the door, remove a few items, discover I have an urgent need to visit the bathroom, and leave the remaining dishes exactly where they were when I placed them in the washer. Then, on the way back to finish that chore, I stop to watch a few minutes of whatever show is being played on my TV, pull out the carpet sweeper, and take a few swipes across the living room carpet and totally forget I was on my way to empty the dishwasher.

The whole day is like that.  Eventually, I get hungry and have to start a new batch of dirty dishes, so that around two in the afternoon I actually finish putting the clean dishes away. But, do I at the same time put my dirty dishes in the washer...of course not...that's not accomplished until about 10:30 PM, when I'm contemplating going to bed.

Looking back on the day I can see I've accomplished very, very little.  I hate days like that.

Yesterday, I discovered I have days that are half and half...why I didn't realize this before, I've no clue. The morning went swimmingly.  I moved through my routine with ease, and had plenty of time to shower and get ready for Bible study.  It was great.

Then, after my study was over, things went to heck in a hand basket.  Dirty dishes accumulated in the sink.  All the books and papers from my Bible study were still piled on my TV tray/desk or the hearth, and although I tried to work a bit, I accomplished absolutely nothing.  Even getting ready for bed I got sidetracked.  Seriously, how hard is it to get into your 'jammies', brush your teeth, pull down the covers and slip between the sheets. Obviously, some nights it's not easy.  I see my pets' water bowl is empty and I take time to refill it.  I have to double check the doors and windows to make sure they are locked (even thought I know they are), that I've turned off all the lights (I know I did), and have to decide do I or don't I want to heat up my rice socks.  Sigh!

And, there you have it.  The morning was terrific...the afternoon and evening...not so much. What the heck happened?  Did my 'sign' suddenly fall under a different star?  Did some kind of supernatural phenomenal cross my path?  Did the barometric pressure change?  I certainly didn't walk under a ladder and no black cat crossed my path, so what the heck changed my day?  I don't think I will ever know.

Maybe, it was my Pixie.  I guess that's a good excuse as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment