Saturday, July 6, 2013

I'm coming Oscar, I'm coming

So, a local car dealership is having a contest, they are touting that the prize is the best prize ever...given out by a car dealership.

It's a simple contest.  All you have to do is find a golden statue that looks a lot like the Oscar given out at the awards ceremony.  Actually the statue looks exactly like the Oscar.  (But a much cheaper version, I'm sure.)

Anyway, how hard can this be.  I decide I'm going to win this contest.

I begin my search at the dealership.  I've invited friends to help me look, but everybody I know has declined.  (I feel like the Little Red Hen who wanted help to bake some bread).  Hey, it's all okay, I won't have to share the prize.

While I'm looking, I'm joined by other people who similarly think the statue has to be at the dealership, and a crowd forms.  Before long some guy says he has found the statue, but the owner of the dealership, announces, there are actually three statues, and this one is a decoy.

Well, crap!

I continue my search.  Over the course of the afternoon, a lot of folks lose interest, buy vehicles and leave.  Not me...I want that prize. 

It is getting along toward dinnertime, and some woman announces she has found the statue, sadly it is again a decoy.  She is very distraught.  I don't blame her, she has been here almost as long as I have.  They offer her a consolation prize, but who the heck wants to come in second.

At least I now know the only statue left is the real one so when I do find it the prize will be mine, all mine, mine, mine.

It is getting late, it's dark out, there are a few employees left, and a few of us 'die-hards' who are bound and determined to fetch the prize. 

Off in the distance...I see it...it's shiny...sparkly...all I have to do is 'run across the beach in 'slow-mo' like the girl in the commercial and I win...I win.  Oh, I'm such a happy, happy camper.

Wait......NO.......no........no.....no.....o.....o.....o.....

Slobber,  kisses.....

I open my eyes, it's morning, Zorro is standing on my chest...

I close my eyes.

To late.

The prize is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment