Monday, July 22, 2013

So...

yesterday afternoon I let Zorro out to do his duty.  Once again I see a group of strangers in my neighbor's yard.  I hurriedly scurry back into the house.  Zorro quickly retreats as well. 

A short time later, I try again.  As I walk along my sidewalk, I'm pulling weeds from the garden below my bedroom window.  When I finally look up, my neighbor says hello.  I have to say he startled me because I was not aware anyone was about but me.

He's looking at me through a fence.  Oh my gosh, from the first time I let Zorro out to this exact moment a fence has gone up. 

"We got our chickens today."  He says.

I say something...I don't remember what...I keep looking at the fence.  I can't tell you the great disappointment I felt.  Color me slate grey.

I gain composure and inquire what breed the chickens are, he didn't seem to know.  I could not see any of them, but the people in the yard seemed to be admiring them.

I excused myself, dropped my weeds in my bin, and returned to the house.

Frankie and I mutter and sputter about the fence for quite a while.  I'm sure you know the type of fence it is by now.  It's cheap.  (probably all they could afford.)  And, appears to be made of bamboo shoots, I saw some exactly like them in the nursery where I bought my Terrace Board.  Anyway, not only can Frankie and I still see everything that's going on back there, they can still continue to see us.

Grrrrrrrrrr.  Color me Midnight Black.

Breathe Sandra, breathe.

Okay, I'm better now.  I had so been hoping for a better, more secure fence.  But life is what it is.  I can wallow, weep, and get wacky over this, but why bother.  I'm already contemplating my next move. 

Do you get catalogs?  Man, I do.  In several of them I've seen curtains that show scenes of mountain views, Italian gardens, etc. and I'm contemplating if I could buy several of them and somehow string them along my side of the fence to help gain more privacy.   Matter of fact I mentioned this to my Granddaughter when we went to lunch yesterday afternoon.  She had even a better idea...shower curtains.  There are some that are very pretty, and they would be more sturdy, and even better, waterproof. 

So, here's what I'm thinking.  I could buy some posts (of some sort) and pound them into the ground, Then, some plastic covered clothes line, stretched taut between numerous posts, and several matching shower curtains.  Now that I think about it, it would be better to buy solid color curtains rather than ones with fishies, circles, posies or stripes so they would blend in with the environment.  Said curtains would snuggle behind all the shrubs planted along my property line so that come the winds from winter storms they would not be torn asunder.

Then again, eventually, my shrubs are going to fill in, and block the neighbor's yard completely making the sturdy, private barrier I so desire, although...by then I'm going to be long time dead and gone I suppose.

Oh, what the heck.  I still have my park benches, and cute little patio out front as well as a cubbyhole just outside my sliding door, who the heck needs a back yard any how?

Color me rosy pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment