Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I'm perplexed...

...about a lot of things.

For instance, what is the difference between a weed and a wild flower? Is Queen Anne's Lace a weed? Are Thistles and Chicory wild flowers? And, are herbs also weeds or wild flowers?  And, if a weed or wild flower is cultivated into a domesticated plant, is it still a weed or wild flower?  For instance the wild geranium, now domesticated into a summer garden staple.  And, what about the roadside Aster?  

I'm perplexed about insects.  What makes a moth a moth and a butterfly a butterfly?  Who decided which would be which?  What is a centipede?

Then there are fruits and vegetables.  I don't think I will ever understand the logic of that.  I believe at first it had something to do with if the seeds were on the inside, or out.  Strawberry as compared to tomato...however, they are both fruit...so how do you 'splain' that?  And, what the heck is up with the avocado?  I've recently learned it is a 'large, one seed,' fruit?  Really?  Then what about the Capote squash? It's large with one seed, is it a fruit or a vegetable?  Are all squash fruits?

Then of course, there's the Duck Billed Platypus?

Oh, oh, and what about Thunder Snow.  The one and only time I was fortunate to witness that, I was astounded...and very perplexed indeed.

Why can't I lick my elbow?  Yet, in my youth I was able to touch my big toe with my tongue.

Why are the best tasting foods (chocolate cake) bad for us, while the worst tasting (rice cakes) good for us. Why don't they make lettuce taste like chocolate and chocolate cake taste like lettuce?

I'm starting to get a heady-ache, I'm going to have to stop.

Just one last thing.  If water's do dang good for you, how come it does not taste like Jim Beam...if it did, I'd be drinking a lot of that.




No comments:

Post a Comment