Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a new day.

It's a new day, and I've a story to tell.  Last week the power went out just as I was going to bed and apparently it was out for several hours.  As a result, come the dawn there were clocks to set all over the house.  Resetting them was my first order of business.  Time moves on (excuse the pun).  Anyway, that night Frankie noticed a strange tiny, yellow light blinking on the TV in the bedroom and inquired what it was.  I told her I needed to reset the clock embedded in it, turned off the light and went to bed.  I heard her moving off in a 'huff', muttering unkind words under her breath.  She hates any and all tiny blinking lights.

Anyway, this tiny, yellow light has now become a battle of wills.  She (not mechanical when it comes to anything) has been in a twit ever since.  (Picture me giggling.)  So that now I have simply 'forgotten' that clock needs to be reset.  Every night Frankie is there to remind me to do it, I...turn out the light and go to sleep.  (Picture her storming off mumbling under her breath.) 

Hey, when she tells me what she did with my missing coffee mug...I will reset the clock.  Bring it on Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment