Saturday, March 31, 2012

Losing-Winning


I'm not a list maker, it is safe to say I hate lists.

I do make one when company is coming, and I have tons of food prepared, and don't want to forget a huge bowl of potato salad in the garage refrigerator that I will have to 'munch on' for a week, until I can't stand the sight of what's left.

I digress.

The second time I make is list is for grocery shopping, it is never complete and I always end up not buying at least one very important item for everyday life.

But, I digress yet again.  Ahem!

A writer always, ALWAYS, gets inspiration at the most un-inspirational times.  As in yesterday when I was standing in the shower yesterday morning. (Picture a flabby, sagging, old person naked...no, don't, it's disgusting).  LOL.

Shoot, I digressed again.

So, there I was naked as a jay-bird mentally composing a list of all the things I've lost. (You ready?)

  1. My youth
  2. My teeth
  3. My mind
  4. My desire to clean house
  5. My idea I will ever, EVER be thin
  6. My plan to be on a good healthy diet
  7. My dream of winning the lottery
  8. My lovely blond hair
  9. My exercise program.

I could go on...but, what's the  point…

Then, some time later it occurred to me there are some things I've found as well, and here is that list.  (You ready?)

   1.  More love from my family than one person deserves.
   2.  Love from friends and neighbors, for which I am most grateful.
   3.  Peace of mind.
   4.  Contentment.
   5.  Happiness in being the age I am.
   6.  Joy in nature.
   7.  Brown cows, made with flavored coffee creamers instead of ice cream.
   8.  Frankie.  (No, she is not twisting my arm or using "ancient Chinese water torment" to make me say this.)  I really do adore her.
   9.  Thankfulness I am still alive and able to wake to each new day.

Which list do you think is more important?  ME, TOO.




No comments:

Post a Comment