Sunday, April 1, 2012

Special Lady

My plan this morning was to write about something totally different than what is going to appear below.

I want you to meet a very special person, she came into my life oh...a few years back...and we have become very special friends.  Her name is Lorraine, she is a Jehovah's Witness, and for a few years we did Bible study until a very ugly incident occurred that left any ugly taste, and I decided I could no longer do study.

Now, I need for you to understand the 'ugly' was not between Lorraine and myself, but another party, and she and I continued to see each other when she would drop off the monthly magazines. (Which, by the way have some excellent articles).  Anyway, a month or so back I decided I wanted to start Bible study again,and mentioned it to Lorraine.  She was thrilled.  So was I.

Her knowledge of the Bible is phenomenal, I could not have a better teacher.  I told her I've read the Bible from beginning to end, Old and New Testaments, and understood many things about it.  But, didn't really know the people of the Bible, who were they really, where did they live, how did they live, who were their families...sooo many questions.

So, we jumped in with Abraham, what a wonderful man, what a life he lived.  Then, moved on to Job.  I never liked the book of Job, it was dark and sad, and conflicting.  I was apprehensive, there had to be something redeeming in the book, I wanted to find it.  Oh my goodness, it is a wonderful book, and I found it is a terrific book, and Job was one terrific man.

Today we are going to tackle Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and they will lead us into Daniel.

But, getting back to my Teacher and Mentor, Lorraine.  You could never ask for a more caring, understanding, kind, beautiful friend.  With some people there is an instant attraction, so I really do believe in love at first sight, because that is what happened when I first met her.  I wish everyone could have a friend like her.  She is never judgmental, always patient with my lack of knowledge concerning the Bible, and always there when I need her.   I adore this woman...and I must say I really, really like all the women she has introduced me to from her Kingdom Hall, they are Christian personified...and though I don't understand all their practices...they are not that different than any other organized church.

Love you, Lorraine, I am so thankful you are in my life...to stay...

No comments:

Post a Comment