Thursday, April 26, 2012

Surprise!

Last evening I wrote about the remodeling going on at Freddy's, and mentioned some of the items I bought.  I did forget to mention one in particular.  Just an oversight, I promise.

Everyone I know, and everyone who has seen me, or even pictures of me have seen that I went natural...(No...not THAT natural...I'm not running around nude, and singing The Age of Aquarius).  I'm talking about my hair, you silly gooses.

I thought 'looking my age' would make me mature, give me style, a certain grace...a look that would make folks flock to me so I could expound words of wonderful wisdom

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa.  Teeeeeeeee, Heeeeeee, Snicker, snicker, snicker.  ROFLMAO!

Whew.  Back to my hair.  I gave myself a perm, thinking that would help my new look, but that caused my hair to fall out in bunches (mostly because my blow dryer has two settings---I'm never going to dry your stupid hair, and I'm going to cook your brains out).  It was the cooking the brains out that burned the hair clean off at the scalp.

At the time of this writing, I'm pleased to report the bald spots are filling in, the perm is gone, my hair is short, BUT it is still grey, a horrible, ugly, please don't make me look at it again grey.  I tried new shampoos, even special high-light your grey shampoos all to no avail.  I just have ugly grey hair.  I tried to like it, honest, I really, really tried, I just can't do it no mores.  I'm done.

So, yesterday....please note....proper labeling here...I bought L'Oreal LB02 Superior Preference les Blondissimes.  Good stuff.  My check-out girl said she was glad I came through her aisle, because I reminded her she needed to buy some hair coloring, too.  I told her my tale of trying to like my grey hair, and she said as long as she could get her arms and hands up to the top of her head she would never let her grey hair show.

I have to agree.

So, come this weekend I'm going back to blond, baby, back to blond.  Goodbye, age enhancing, bringing me down, makin' me feel bad grey.

Wow, I'm already feeling ten years younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment