Monday, April 30, 2012

Whoa! Back up the bus!

After many years of wanting to bring my little publishing company to life, this is FINALLY the year.  I've joyously been working for weeks now getting a catalog ready to send to folks who have shown an interest in what I'm doing.

My muse and I have our creative juices at a fever pitch much to Frankie's dismay, even though she will be the chief benefactor should my little business start to make a little cash...talk about cutting off you nose to spite your face.

Anyway, it seems everyday I am hit with a new idea for a card, and I spent the weekend looking for paper doilies and confetti's on line in order to work on one such new idea.  As I came across web-sites with things of interest I made 'pretend' orders, and if what I wanted was in my price range I actually bought what was on my 'pretend' order.

Whoa!  Back up the bus!  I finally went to a very large and well known sight (actually believing it was going to be the cheapest) and accumulated quite a large pretend list and that eventually lead me to press 'See Your Cart' and I began to scroll down...the order was almost a hundred bucks...scrolling down a little further I saw the postage and handling amount...IT was OVER a hundred bucks.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.  Delete, delete, delete.  Are you kidding me?  How the heck is a person on a limited income supposed to survive with those kinds of prices?  The stuff I wanted did not weigh twenty pounds, and they wanted to charge me a hundred bucks, seriously, is the Post Office in THAT much trouble.  Booo, hisss Post office.  I'll go elsewhere for my purchases, thank you very much.

It took me all weekend, but I managed to purchase everything I want and need for my new idea at other web-sites for much less money; I'm a very happy camper and I'm just not sure I will continue to purchase things at that well know, very large site any more.

Happy comparison shopping everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment