Saturday, April 21, 2012

Know what?

In case some of you don't know....or for that matter, even care.  I've been trying to get my publishing company up and running and work (at least from eight til noon) Monday through Friday.  Turns out I'm enjoying myself so much I work much longer most days and love it.  Honestly, I don't think I have ever been happier in my life.  I jump (not literally...I AM after all 74) out of bed eager to begin my day.  I dash into the office and turn on my computer, its quiet, constant hum gets my creative juices humming, too.

After my morning routine, most days are so busy, I forget to eat, and occasionally forget my morning meds, as well.  So,taking them BEFORE starting work is something I try to do daily.  I digress.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon the thought occurred to me that I am eating less, but being more active, albeit mostly mental, I decided to drag the scales out from the wall, let it settle into place and then weigh myself.  Surely, I must have lost ten pounds by now.  I'm eager, I'm excited, I'm prepared to be elated.

After ten minutes of so, I step on.  The digital figures glow with life.

What?  What the ding-dong, blinkity-blank, son-of-a-sea-biscuit?

I step off, surely I had not allowed it to 'settle in' long enough.  I wait ten minutes more, then step back on.
The reading is the same.  How is this possible?  I have not lost an ounce...not even a portion of an ounce.  Well, that's just wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm mad, I'm disappointed and disgusted to find out that being 'mental' does not burn up calories.  Unless of course one IS 'mental' which I'm sure expends a great deal of energy; especially if your plan is to climb a bell tower and take bad, bad, bad, physical action.  However, I'm not the sort to expend THAT sort of physical energy, so I guess I will have to resign myself to the fact my 'mental' won't make me any thinner and can only hope it will at least hold dementia at bay for some time to come.

Still...just a couple of ounces...would have been nice...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! (I am the greatest person you've ever known!)

    ReplyDelete