Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oooo how I lie!!!

Remember the day I said "I don't do lists."  Well, that is most certainly not true, and this gives me another tale to tell.

Yesterday I was going through my writings, of which I have a ton.  And low, and behold I find a notebook and it is filled with poems, thoughts, BRILLIANT (lol) gems of wisdom, and essays.  Also, lists, many, many lists.  So, be prepared, as they are going to appear here from time to time.  Hold on to your britches by the suspenders folks, here is the first.  Be ready to be be-dazzled.

List of funny words

Elephant.  Really, so, Adam looked at this creature and said "Hey, God.  That big grey one over there, with the big, hulking nose...I'm going to call him 'elephant'.  El-uh-phunt.  What was Adam thinking?

Yellow.  Yell-O.  It is such a pretty color.  You wouldn't yell at the sun, would you?  Hey, you, big round ball in the sky...where have you been, all week...I'm really p****d at you.  Go away.

Mishap.  It means something unpleasant has happened, but not really awful.  My mishap was, I swallowed my gum.  Though it sounds like something  a Beatnik from the fifties might be say, "Yo, man, I missed the hap", (didn't get to the party).

Platypus.  Creature made up of parts of which God didn't know what to do.
Giraffe.          "           "      "   "     "      "       "     "        "       "        "    "     "   (Again, Adam, what was going through your mind the first time you saw these creatures?)

 Elbow.  This is such a unique part of our body, shouldn't it have a more elegant sounding word. This word kind of makes sense, El, I guess this refers to the fact it bends like the letter 'L', and bow...because it is flexible like the weapon 'bow' and in bow and arrow.  (We should all be grateful it has a word at all, and that it can bend, otherwise we would not be able to put food in our mouth, cover a cough, or hide a snicker.)

Diurnal.  Really, doesn't this sounds like something one might do in the bathroom?

Defoliation.  This is not only a funny word to say, it is also sad...poor trees go through defoliation every fall, sigh.

There you have it, incomplete, and out of date what was I  thinking when I compiled it all those years ago.  I have decided I'm definitely going to add more words to this list, times have changes since the '90's, and there are many more funny sounding words today...especially when it comes to technology.  I will...

Elucidate...later.




No comments:

Post a Comment