Friday, April 6, 2012

Here we go again

Today...I'm going to talk about vacuum cleaners.  I've written about them before, just not here on my blog.  I will post those one day.  However, this is new and I feel a giggle bubbling up from within.

Last night, minutes after I got comfy under my blankets a commercial I had never seen before came on.  It was about one of those absurdly expensive 'ball' kind, but now 'it's better'.  I'm so intrigued.  It starts off showing people with their inferior vacuums that bump into walls and flop on their sides, showing a woman coming out into the hall and KICKING it upright.  Then, there was a woman running her hand across the attachment to feel for suction (been there, done that), and there was a guy who took the attachment off and was staring down into the wand, hoping the family hamster was not dead and stuck inside.

However, it is the final scene that made me fall out of bed with uncontrolled laughter.  Picture the mommy running her upright, heavy, vacuum back and forth in front of the baby that is sitting there frowning, perplexed, and worried, (I think because he thinks it is going to suck him up to that great, vacuum cleaner heaven in the sky, where the ones I have killed, reside.)

Great stuff; I'm telling you...this must be the most wonderful vacuum commercial EVER.  I have been in all the situations they show...well, except for the part where the baby thinks it's going to get sucked into the great beyond, and I think, if you would be truthful, you've done similar things with your vacuums, too.

All I can say is I want one of those vacuums, it looks like it could do the work without me and I would never kill a vacuum again..

Oh, wait a minute...I think I've seen a commercial for a vacuum that does work all by itself.  You set it, and off it goes, sensing furniture, changes from carpet to tile, stopping when it comes to a drop off, and it will absolutely will NOT suck up pets, (it's too small).  I think you can even leave the house while it works, shoot, don't we all need one of these?

Yeah, right...with my luck I'd set it to work, but when I got home, it will have disappeared and I wouldn't find it for a week.  Kind of like my missing coffee mug.  Tee, hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment