Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Back to 1937

Okay, so I can't give up on the year list on web-sites.  I've been trying to forget I ever went to the bottom of the list and discovered the last year was 1905.  I'm not sure why at really, really, really p-----s me off.
It's just so, so, sooo TERMINAL.  Its an ugly reminder that the only two things we have to look forward to is death and taxes.

Well, we don't HAVE to do the taxes thing if we don't mind losing everything and ending up in prison.  But, the death thing, that just sucks.  Now, please understand I'm not afraid to die, although the awful ways one could go about THAT pretty much scares the heck out of me.  I would like to go quietly, peacefully in my sleep (hmmm, I wonder what those odds are?)

However, what I most dislike about the dying thing is it is something we do HAVE to do.

You ask me to do something, and I will oblige you to the best of my ability, with a kind and loving heart.  Tell me to do something and I turn into a raging bull, a sweating, pawing the ground, snorting, ready to gore your guts out, bull.  Hence, telling me I have to die does not sit well with me.  I'm not going I tell ya', I'm simply not going.  Ask me nice...I might consider it ...but tell me I have to......AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Alright, I know it is inevitable, I don't like it, but I have to face it.  I'm going to go some day.  It is my sincere hope that I leave behind little hints I've been here.  After all, there would be no children, grand-children and great-grand children had I not left my foot print behind.  There would be no journals, scrapbooks, or pictures to remind people of my craziness, desires, loves, earnest hopes and dreams.

And, there are lots of folks I need to thank for making my life's quilt the brilliant color that it is.  I hope I've done you all proud.  Thank you...everybody.

In closing I would like to post the lyrics of one of my most favorite songs, with grateful appreciation to whoever wrote these wonderful words, and music.


And now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain


I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way


Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption


I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way


Yes there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out, I faced it all
And I stood tall and did it my way


I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing


To think I did all that
And may I say not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way


For what is a man what has he got
If not himself then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way


So, folks, whatever your path is, keep the words from the song above as your benchmark in your life.  And, happy living to you all.


There, I think I'm finally ready to let go of 1937.  Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment