Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Remodeling

The boss gave me the day off today, so my neighbor and I went shopping in the morning.  Our favorite store is the Freddie's in Tigard.  It's been a month since I've been shopping there, and had heard they were remodeling the store...man, the story was true, the store is in organized chaos.  Departments have been shifted around so that things you could have found blind-folded, are in a new place...or have temporarily disappeared.

This, made for an interesting shopping experience.  In particular I was looking for their card section that also has creative party things, and to attempt make new cards for my up and coming catalog I was looking for interesting party/holiday card making items. The department was gone from its handy place right next to the Starbuck's, so I began looking (it turned into searching) for it.

First, though, I had to make a stop at the day old bakery rack to look for some goodies for our coffee break after we are done shopping.  I was disappointed there were no donuts, muffins, scones, or cinnamon buns.  Bummer...so, back to hunting down the card department.  I went from one end of the store to the other twice, and could not find so much as a sign indicating where the cards might be.  I mean, come on, everybody has a birthday, the dreaded Mother's Day is just around the corner, followed by graduation and Father's Day...they would not close down the card department.  On my second swing back across the store...there, in the back...without lights...was the card department.  Woooo, hoooo.  I'm glad I was persistent.  I found stickers, ribbons, and confetti's there.  And, at the end of the yarn aisle I found a bag full of sea shells.  Guess what I'm going to tackle tomorrow?  Yep, I'm going to try to make cards with sea shells.  Please, let them be easier to work with than the feathers.  Did I mention feathers are hard?

The remodeling, according to our favorite Freddie's employee, Lisa, is going to last until late in the year, with the grand re-opening in time for the holiday shopping season.  In the meantime she guarantees things will continue to move around, and around, and around, til the end when everything from floor covering to lighting fixtures and everything in between will be new.

It is an exciting time, and my friend and I are going to enjoy the transformation, well, except that Starbucks's will be closed for several months, that we will have to ask clerks where such-and-such is, and putting up with excessive noise from the construction crew.  All in all, it's won't be so bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment