Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pudding Cakes


I love pudding cakes, all flavors; they’re moist, pretty, and delicious.  When I first started buying them they were huge, and the fruit fillings sometimes sank almost to the bottom of them in some spots.  Oh, they were so yummy.  Then…a couple of years ago I noticed they were not as big around, and they did not raise as tall as they did in the beginning; I was very disappointed.  However, the fruit fillings were still in great abundance and that was something I could live with.  After all, times are hard, and everyone has to become more frugal.  (Although, I was still paying the same amount, and I was getting less for my money…oh, well.) 

Last week the store I shop with had my mouth watering favorite on sale and I decided to buy two, lemon and marionberry, 2.99 each.  Great excitement.  (It does not take a lot to please me.)  Anyway, they arrived on Friday.  Great disappointment…not only did they appear even smaller in size, to see the fruit filling I almost needed a magnifying glass.  What the heck?  I could have cried.

Woe, woe, woe, sadness overwhelms me.  Pitiful little cake, small, nearly tasteless, naked of fruit filling…I guess the only thing left to do is drown it in ice cream.  Yeah, that’s the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment