Monday, September 30, 2013

Hunkering down.

Yep, I've been gone for two days.

The storm has come and gone.  It was not as bad in my neighborhood as it was in other parts of the city. 

A few twigs blew into my yard, but they were easy to break up and put into my yard debris basket.  There are leaves everywhere, but they are stuck to the driveway and sidewalks, so I'm going to have to wait for them to 'loosen' themselves, then I will sweep them up.

I was prepared for a power outage, a candle at the ready, and one of my battery operated lamps by my bed just in case.  Thank goodness I didn't have to use them, except I did light one candle last evening when the lights did flicker. 

I have to admit, I was pretty tense all weekend, hence that was why I didn't write, I was as jittery as a grasshopper on a hot tin roof.  You see, my sun room faces south, and that wall is a huge bank of windows.  Lots, and lots, and LOTS of glass.  Beyond my fence is a stand of trees.  The wind during these kind of storms comes off the ocean from the southwest...I'm sure you get my drift.

Anyway, it is difficult to stay calm when you fear a few sixty foot tall trees just might take a tumble into the back side of your home.  I'm thinking I should probably buy some tarps, just in case I have to cover a gaping hole until I can get repairs done.
 
Goodness knows I've seen a lot of pictures over the weekend of trees that have punched holes into peoples roofs.  Oh my, oh my.  I should go check my garage, I know there is a box out there with tarps and plastic in it, hopefully I am prepared.

I checked on the chickens sometimes, too.  Turns out I'm kind of fond of them.  Mostly they seemed to stay in the coop, and although some think they are kind of stupid creatures, I don't think so.  I've found them to have personalities all their own and am particularly pleased that Florence has caught up with them size wise and can take care of herself.

Now to all that food I prepared for myself.  I opened the refrigerator door this morning and was disgusted...what the blankity-blank-blank am I going to do with all that left over food...as it no longer is appealing and is just a reminder of how bad the weekend could have been.  I guess I will make Frankie eat it. 

Finally....oh, dear.........

........

........





yes, edjukated meteorologists...you were right...you were absolutely right.  The storm came in exactly when you said it would...it did exactly what you said it would...you were so dang right!!!!!

So this morning, and it kills me to say this...I apologize for all the terrible things I said about you.

THIS TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment