Saturday, December 28, 2013

Life is what it is

Frankie was all over me like white on rice yesterday because I've been neglecting my blog.  She was right, so I couldn't really be upset with her that she was 'ragging on' me.

Honestly I don't know where the time goes. 

It seems only yesterday it was the first of December, yet the month is going to end next week and what the heck have I done?  Not much.  Let's face it my life is not exactly one of perpetual parties, travel and excitement. 

LOL, LOL, LOL.  Suddenly, I'm  uplifted.

I'm sitting here giggling about my druthers, would I love to be on the French Riviera?  You bet your sweet bippy.  I've seen pictures of that place, and scenes from movies, too.  Who wouldn't love to be among that elite?  I can see me now, in my twenties, sauntering along the warm sands of a nude beach, I'm tall and willowy with long flowing blond hair, wearing nothing but designer sunglasses and the bottom part of a bikini bathing suit.  Young, (very wealthy) guys drooling as I pass by.  Baaaaa, haaaaaaaa, haaaaaaaaa.  Good Lord, where did I go wrong?????  As it is I'm on the downward side of five feet, and I was barely five foot one to begin with.

I keep wondering what I did wrong in my youth that I never had the guts to live on the edge, and do wild and crazy things.  Like stow away somehow to an exotic tropical island, or get a job working for royalty.  Seriously, I'd have made a damn good Nanny.  Or, what if I had made up a bunch of diplomas, making myself appear to be very educated, and conned my way into jobs I was really not qualified for, like the guy in "Catch Me If You  Can."  I can see me now the CEO of some humongous corporation, bilking bazillions of bucks, and stashing the cash in off shore banks. 

Man, I'd have jets and limos, castles and mansions, maids and butlers.  I'd be eating in the best restaurants, where the Maitre D's would know my name, and take me to my favorite table where I would dine on escargot and caviar, wine and champagne.  I'd stay at only the very best hotels, in suites, where every day there would be fresh flowers, baskets of fruit and champagne chilling in a silver bucket. 

By now I'd have visited all seven continents, and have enough money to travel on one of those vehicles that take you to the edge of the atmosphere.  Shoot, I could even have my ashes spread across the universe.  Wooo, hooo, now, there's a story for the family historian to tell. 

But, now it's time to come back to earth, so much for perpetual parties, travel and excitement.  And, I've chores to do today.  In retrospect, I know I've thrown some pretty good parties...I've traveled some, too.  And as for excitement, well, I guess that depends on your own idea of what excitement is.  Shoot, just a few days ago I got excited when I discovered my Winter House Guest in my sun room.  Doesn't take much to satisfy me, and bring me joy.

Okay, Frankie, you can get "off my back".  This probably wasn't exactly the kind of blog you expected.  But since I've been in peculiar frame of mind of late, I kind of just let my mind and fingers roam about my keyboard.  I'll probably let my body do some roaming today, too.  I might start by putting away some of the Christmas decorations, and maybe I'll do some laundry, too.  Then, I'll check in on Times Square to watch the preparations for the New Year's Eve celebration there, and not so patiently wait for the New Year to begin.  

Life is what it is, whether yours if full of perpetual parties, travel and excitement or you're a homebody and 'stick in the mud' (like me), it's good, it's all good.



No comments:

Post a Comment