Monday, December 30, 2013

It's going to be one of those days

My dog has been in a frenzy this morning.  Honestly, I've no idea what has gotten into him.  He's been antsy ever since we got up...which did happen to be early this morning, w-a-a-a-y before seven.

It was one of those mornings when, try as I might, I could not lull myself back
to sleep.  So I turned on the television and started watching the end of a really old movie.  It had Danny Kay in it, but I didn't recognize anybody else. 


After that, I switched to local news, the channel I don't like, but seem to be drawn to (I think because I KNOW I'm going to be annoyed).  I hate they constantly remind me they are first, live and local, and also I hate their banter seems more important to them than the news they are supposed to be delivering.  And, the female anchor's laugh drives me crazy. 

But this is about my dog.  As soon as the television glow filled the room, he was out from under the covers pawing at me to pet him, which I did till my muscles began to cramp up and I had to move.  He pawed, I moved, he pawed, I moved.

Eventually I gave up and got out of bed to feed him.  I was hoping we could go back to bed for a while, but he would have not of that.  So, I fixed myself a cup of coffee, made the bed and started working.  Surely he could crawl into his office bed and go to sleep.

Not so much!  I spent more than an hour trying to placate him.  He wanted out, he wanted in, he wanted in my lap, he didn't want in my lap, up and down, in and out...AaaaaaaaaaH.  What the heck  was the matter with him? 

I was getting no work done what so ever!!!!!

I've got to say I was losing patience with him.  I tried to get him to take a nap, he would not go near his bed.  I put him out one more time.  He made a quick trip around the front yard and came dashing back to the stoop.

Now, usually around 9:30 I give him a snack to get him to nap till noon so I
can work.  I began to ponder, hmmm, since I started work so early, maybe his
internal clock was telling him it was 9:30, when in reality it was only a little after eight. 

I knew he was not going to give me any peace, so we went to the kitchen and I got out one of his teeth cleaning sticks and a big, BIG fist of kibble.  If this didn't work, I might have to induce sleep by means I don't particularly want to write about.  (Just joking.)  (Really, that was a joke.)  I would never intentionally hurt either of my pets.

Frankie, well that's a whole other story. 

Anyway, Zorro downed his snack as though he had not been fed in a week, and immediately jumped into his bed, and is now napping and snoring, snoring and napping.  I think I might finally get some work done. 

"Hey, you ready for a break?"  Frankie is leaning against the office door jam, and waving an unwatched holiday DVD around, starring Queen Latifah.

Crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment