Friday, December 20, 2013

Where did it go?

It's hard for me to fathom that another year is coming to an end.  I woke up this morning, pulled open the drapes and optimistically expected to see a 'dusting' of snow on the ground.  I can't tell you how disappointed I was there was none.  I know I can't expect a White Christmas, but I was hoping for a "Couple of Days Before 'White Christmas' ".  Well that didn't happen!  Yes, I guess I just didn't happen to be looking out the window when the few flakes that did fall, actually did.  I admit I was definitely disappointed.

And that got me to thinking about other disappointments I've had over the last twelve months.  So, I'm going to share these earth shattering events with you.

1.  I didn't win the lottery or the Publisher's Clearing house 'win a 1,000.00 a month for the rest of your life'.

2.  I didn't get my tummy tuck, face lift and liposuction procedures.

3.  I didn't get a Prince Charming in a stretch limo to carry me away to his tropical island.

4.  I never got a staff to cook, clean, launder and preform secretarial duties.

5.  I didn't get a 'life time supply' of anything.

6.  I didn't get asked to do my own "Reality Show" on television.

7.  I never got my personal jet plane, so I never got to whisk myself away to magical places.

And 8.  I didn't get to be in my forties again.

There you have it disappointment, after disappointment...it wasn't that I expected a lot, right?  I'd have been happy with only four from the above list.  Where's the Genie in a bottle when you need one?

(Insert much sighing here.)

Still, all in all I guess I can say it's been a pretty good year.  After all I have:

1.  My health.

2.  My loving family.

3.  A roof over my head.

4.  Food on my table.

5.  A warm and caring circle of friends.

6.  Frankie, Zorro and CC.

7.  A fun job.

And 8.  A life that's full, satisfying and happy.

So, pooh on you disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment