Monday, February 15, 2016

Hot Doggies

My grandson came today, and since it was reasonably nice outside...except for the wind...we walked to the local Sonic Drive-in.  I don't know whether you remember or not but last week I went there with my visiting granddaughter and I had their delicious cheeseburger and fries.

Then I think I mentioned I saw there were hot dogs on the menu and said I was going to try them especially since I've not had a hot dog I'm guessing in at least twenty years.  So, today was the day. There are several different kinds on the menu and I had a hard time deciding which one I wanted, as a result I ordered two from the several.

One was a New York hot dog while the other was a Chicago hot dog.  They were both AMAZING. However, if I'm forced to pick a favorite I would have to say it was the Chicago.  It had tomatoes, it had onions, it had relish, it had mustard, and a wonderful wedge of dill pickle that I swear, but can't confirm, had a sprinkling of cinnamon on it.  Oh my goodness...yum, yum, yum.  Don't get me wrong the New York dog was every bit as good, loaded with relish, mustard, sauerkraut and onion.  I ate every single bite, except for the mustard I got all over my sweatshirt and chin, and the sauerkraut and bits of onion that slipped out of the bun and onto the ground.  Oh, I ordered some fries, too and I'm starting to think they are even better than the ones I've been touting for years from another popular fast food eating establishment.

I was too full for dessert, but their menu states they have a variety of no less than 29 real ice cream shakes and my grandson settled for the Oreo Cheesecake shake.  I think I next time I might try two more hot dogs and most definitely one of their shakes.

Does it sound like I'm hooked?  I confess I am.  Going there took me back to the days when my daughter and I used to stop by our favorite California place to eat when I was lucky enough to have a few extra bucks to spare.  Actually, I can't wait to take her to Sonic; I hope it brings back some special memories for her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment