Saturday, November 29, 2014

Ooooooooooh

What can I say.

Boy I over did it yesterday.  When the heck did I get so dang old?

First, I set about taking down all my autumn/Thanksgiving decorations.  That took longer than I expected, and I probably should have simply vacuumed and dusted when I got done, and called it good for the day.

Did I?  Of course not!

Eager to light up the house with red and green 'sparklies', I began the process of decorating for Christmas.

Last year when it put the Christmas stuff away, I decided it was probably not wise to continue storing it overhead in the garage...ladder climbing was beginning to worry me...so, I juggled things around on shelves to accommodate the decorations that the most I would have to do in the future was stand on my step stool.  Seemed like a good idea.

So, yesterday I dragged my stool to the garage and began to pull down boxes and bags.  I was shocked to find myself being ultra careful watching where I had planted my feet on the stool,
and making sure there was something close by that I could grab if my vertigo just happened to 'kick in'.  Thankfully, it did not.  However, as my decorating frenzy continued, I discovered I was very uncomfortable trying to attach those meant to hang from the ceiling, such as swags, wreaths, etc.

What the heck?????????

I found myself thinking that I just might need one of those bracelets or necklaces you wear that bring aid when you need it.  Surely, I'm not THAT old.  But, maybe I am, because by the time I finally decided I was done for the day, every muscle in my body hurt.  I could tell my mind was willing, but my body was not.  Oh, I quit alright, until about seven o'clock.

I sat, on the sofa, gazing around the room, there was so much more to do.  I couldn't stand it. I dragged my step stool to the closet and pulled more boxes off the shelves and decorating continued.  I don't know what time it was when I quit, but I was finally satisfied I had accomplished all I could for the day.  Man, I was pooped.

Eventually I titter-tottered off to bed.  As I sunk beneath the blankets I realized just how tired and in pain my poor body was, I rolled over on my side and swallowed two good old fashioned pain killing aspirin.  Then, drifted off to sleep.

This morning I'm up, chipper and ready to complete my holiday decorating.  Now, I'd like to tell all of you this is the last year I'm going to do the climbing, dragging, stretching, pulling, pushing, boxing and un-boxing...but I know it's not.  Oh, yes, I'll do it again, and again.  I'm just thankful I got through this year without mishap...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment